Saturday, September 11, 2010

Pirate Book Buddy Bag



So, I won a prize for the library - hopefully the first of many such contests/grants that help to benefit our students.  I won a Book Buddy Bag that pairs two pirate books - one fiction and one non-fiction.  I can't wait to use this with students!  When I wrote my entry for the contest, I explained that this would be used in a school library to celebrate Talk Like a Pirate Day on and around September 19th.  I got this idea from another awesome librarian, Bev Keegan, of Mill Creek Elementary.  She used it as a fiction/non-fiction lesson with pirate hooks.  They had fiction on one side and non-fiction on the other.  Kids flipped them to display which kind of book was being shown.  I'll be trying this out with first graders starting next Friday...if the hooks are ready.  Fingers, or hooks, crossed!  Listed below is the information for Links to Literacy, the sponsor of the contest - thanks!!!


Web: www.linkstoliteracy.com
Twitter: www.twitter.com/linkstoliteracy
Blog for Educators: www.teachingwithpicturebooks.wordpress.com
Blog for Parents: www.literacytoolbox.wordpress.com



No comments:

Post a Comment