Friday, November 24, 2017

A Book-Ish Advent Calendar



A couple of years ago, a fellow blogger posted about a bookish advent calendar.  The idea, instead of unwrapping a piece of chocolate each day for the 25 days leading up until Christmas, instead, unwrap a book each day to read before bed (or anytime, really, but bedtime seemed to be our go to).  I did this that first year with some Christmas/holiday/winter books that we had on hand and supplemented with books I borrowed from the public library.  That first year, I followed the blogger’s suggestions as closely as I could as far as which book correlated to which day.  In the years since, I have build up our personal collection but I’m always on the lookout for more holiday books.  Lo and behold, Candlewick Press had a number of holiday books suggested to review and I jumped at the chance.  Rather than wait until closer to the holidays, I’d rather share these NOW so you have an opportunity to get them and prepare your own bookish Advent Calendar.  Or, adapt this idea to make a bookish 8 nights of Hannukah.  I’ll find some good ones for Hannukah too, just putting out the books that have been sent my way so far.  And why stop there?  Let’s do 14 books leading up to Valentine’s Day…the creative juices are flowing now!



 

 
 


 



We're Going on a Bear Hunt: Snowglobe Edition
We Wish You a Merry Christmas
Make and Play Christmas
Make and Play Nativity
The Twelve Days of Christmas
Press Out and Color Christmas Ornaments
Gift Boxes to Decorate and Make: Christmas
A Christmas for Bear
Red and Lulu
Elf in the House
The Christmas Fairy
Pick a Pine Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment