Friday, March 30, 2018

May We Read Them

I've been thinking about this post for a bit now...almost a month.  March is National Women's History Month.  There is an expression, "Here's to strong women.  May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them."  I don't know from whence it originated so I apologize in advance for not attributing those wise words.  Earlier this month, a friend posted a link to an article along with "May we READ them." And being me, I got SO excited.  Then I followed the link.  And was a bit disappointed.  Here is the list, so you can decide for yourself: Authors Share Their Favorite Kids' Books About Girls Written By Women  Now, granted, these are submitted by authors, but this list struck me as...old.  And really, really white.  Granted, these are all great books and some are on the newer side, but there are SO MANY great books out there by female authors featuring strong female characters.  So...I made my own list.  These are all books I've read within the past year (according to GoodReads).  I highly recommend each of them and hope you can find something awesome to check out.



  




  


  



  



 






  


Give these fab female authors some love.  Some are authors of books listed above, and others are just authors I LOVE and want to share.  Enjoy!  And READ THEM.










Comment below with a favorite book featuring a strong female character by a fabulous female author.


No comments:

Post a Comment