Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Marco Polo Brave Explorer

 Marco Polo Brave Explorer



I’ll admit that when I read the description of this book, I wrote it off, I didn’t think it would be a book I would enjoy, but, you also can’t go wrong with Cynthia Lord. And she did it, she made a character who is a Christmas tree ornament turned toy that can be borrowed from the public library into a lovable, problem-solving, hero who not only gets itself out of a pinch but rescues another toy, and helps a family realize what a hot mess the area behind their garage couch has become as their sock (and lots of other stuff) stealing cat has been creating a nesting area for years! I also really liked the growth of the human characters through the book but Marco Polo was certainly the star. Dazzle Makes a Wish looks to be the next Book Buddy book to come and Dazzle made an appearance in this title as she sneezed and spewed glitter everywhere, so I can only imagine the second book will be a hit too!


https://www.cynthialord.com/


Title: Marco Polo Brave Explorer

Author: Cynthia Lord

Illustrator: Stephanie Graegin

ISBN: 978-1-5362-1355-3

Published 2022 by Candlewick Press


This book was borrowed from the public library for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment