Saturday, July 30, 2011

What Was Your First Clue?

I recently completed the first book of the 39 Clues series. Previously, I hadn't started the series as I'm literally trying to read everything in our school library as well as everything that is coming out and everything that might not be new but that we should have. And they're already incredibly popular, so I didn't have to do much book talking to keep the, circulating. But I was curious. Why are they so popular? Now I know! Filled with drama, adventure, AND history, Grace Cahill challenges her family members to make a real mark on mankind by finding a great treasure as a part of her will reading. The end really threw me for a loop but I should really get back to the middle. The first clue was to follow Franklin, so my "marketing" plan for the fall is to feature a 39 Clues book paired up with non-fiction that will serve the reader with information too. So, for the first book, I would pair books about Ben Franklin (being an elementary school library in Pennsylvania, close to Philadelphia, we have a few {note the sarcastic understatement}of those lying around the biography shelves), Philadelphia, Boston, and Paris. I'm also trying to brainstorm my own 39 clues for the library as a scavenger hunt to start the year. This may be ambitious. Maybe. If it happens, I will share so that others may be able to solve a mystery in their school too. I'm excited to read the rest of the series, but my nightstand is already a bit crowded with my to-read list growing longer everyday. I listened to the first book on audiobook and may do the same for the next. I love listening to books as I drive. Multi-tasking at its best.

No comments:

Post a Comment