Saturday, November 24, 2018

What Do They Do With All That Poo?




I LOVE this book.  But I don’t love that I’m left wanting more.  More resources to learn more.  The book seems to reference poo practices at specific zoos like Woodland Park Zooin Seattle, but there is no back matter with more information about WormDoo.  I also want to learn more about ZooManoo, Zoo Doo, and Pachy Poo.  I realize this might sound funny, but I’m a fan of composting and this seems like a real problem that is piling up.  And I’ve never given it a second thought before but when you give kids a book about a problem, like 5,000 pounds of poo a day from one zoo, they’re going to want to think about how they can help.  Give them the information.  Kids will figure it out!  I’m interested to check out the author’s website to see if there is more information or links listed there.  Conceptually, great book.  Illustrations were executed well.  But I want more. Not more poo. 5,000 pounds is plenty.

In the meantime, I found some more info on each product - if you'd like to learn more too, check out these sites:





Title: What Do They Do With All That Poo?
Author: Jane Kurtz
Illustrator: Allison Black
ISBN: 978-1-4814-7986-8
Published 2018 by Beach Lane Books

This book was borrowed from the public library for purposes of review.

No comments:

Post a Comment