Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Thinker: My Puppy Poet and Me


Thinker: My Puppy Poet and Me



Eloise Greenfield includes a poem titled “Thinker’s Rap” and in her author’s note elaborates on rap as poetry.  She writes that “some people don’t think that it [rap} is real poetry,” but that “it is poetry, absolutely.” I couldn’t agree more and I’m glad that Eloise Greenfield thinks so too.  Her story of a poetic puppy is both fun and insightful.  Ehsan Abdollahi’s illustrations are creative and vibrant and I look forward to seeing more of Abdollahi’s work in the future.

Title: Thinker: My Puppy Poet and Me
Illustrator: Ehsan Abdollahi 
ISBN: 978-1-4926-7724-6
Published 2018 by Sourcebooks Jabberwocky


This book was borrowed from the public library for purposes of review.

No comments:

Post a Comment