Wednesday, July 15, 2020

The Same But Different Too




Acknowledging that what makes us the same and different is not a new concept. Students have sorted shapes in primary math lessons by attributes and created patterns using those different attributes for as long as I’ve been teaching.  This book acknowledges differences in a very positive light, with admiration for the differences and ways that each of us is special.  Some examples: But I can’t drink the way you do. I can’t climb as high as you. I can’t hide as well as you (with an illustration of a zebra in front of a black and white striped wall). To name a few examples and my favorite: I love stories. So do you. A universal truth.
Title: The Same But Different Too
Author:  Karl Newsom
Illustrator: Kate Hindley
ISBN: 978-1-5362-1201-3
Published 2019 by Nosy Crow

No comments:

Post a Comment