Thursday, July 16, 2020

What I Like Most




This feels like an updated (and lovely) version of “The Important Book”.  Each of the items that the characters likes most is representative of what she values.  Like The Important Book and many others before it, this book offers a student writing opportunity to reflect on what they like most – a great community building and getting to know you/beginning of the year book.  My favorite is the book. “It has a story about someone quite like me.” Every child needs to see themselves reflected in literature. And my next favorite is the end (which I won’t give away) but it is beautiful and as a result this would make an excellent gift for the addition of a new baby to a family.

Title: What I Like Most
Author: Mary Murphy
Illustrator: Zhu Cheng - Liang
ISBN: 978-1-5362-0940-2
Published 2019 by Candlewick Press

No comments:

Post a Comment