Friday, July 17, 2015

The Great Depression and Rail Riding Children

I'm working on reading some Newbery Winners I never got around to and just started Richard Peck's A Year Down Yonder.  It instantly tickled my brain as similar to another book and then another.  I'm sure they are all three very different books, but there is a thread that connects them.  The phenomena of children being sent away to live with relatives, specifically during or following The Great Depression.  So, I present to you more books to check out if you liked any of these three.


You may have noticed a few shiny medals on these covers.  I'm excited to read more of "A Year Down Yonder" and see what lies in store for Mary Alice.  Do you have any other great Depression Era historical fiction to add to this list?  Comment below with more book alike titles to check out.


No comments:

Post a Comment