Thursday, January 19, 2017

You Should Meet: Women Who Launched the Computer Age



I love this story, but even more, I love the research component involved in bringing this story to the public.  Based on a picture of ENIAC with women, another woman, Kathy Kleiman, wondered who they were.  And when she didn’t believe the answer, she dug deeper to make a discovery.  I am interested to watch the documentary, which can be found here: eniacprogrammers.org I think it might go into the deeper detail I crave.  My daughter loved this book and it prompted good discussion about how men and women were treated differently (and in some cases still are) in the 1940’s. 


Title: You Should Meet: Women Who Launched the Computer Age
Author: Laurie Calkhoven
Illustrator: Alyssa Petersen
Published 2016 by Simon Spotlight
ISBN: 9781481470476


This copy was received from the publisher for purpose of review.

No comments:

Post a Comment