Monday, September 19, 2011

Book Talk: Miss Fox's Class Shapes Up

In our library, we currently have three of the Miss Fox's Class titles by Eileen Spinelli: Miss Fox's Class Earns a Field Trip, Miss Fox's Class Goes Green, and Peace Week in Miss Fox's Class. And, though I'm sure there are more I should check out immediately, I've found one tomput on our "to order" list immediately: Miss Fox's Class Shapes Up. In this 2011 publication, Miss Fox notices that students in her class are tired, hungry, and out of breath running from...the fence. Woven throughout the text are healthy reminders for good nutrition, and great ideas for fun exercise as well as some tips to wind down at the end of a busy day for a good night's sleep. I think our Health and Physical Education teachers would love this book! And, so do I! As the story develops, the class really comes together as the students help each other to meet their healthy goals. In one of the illustrations, beautifully drawn by Anne Kennedy, there is a cozy reading corner with "Get Fit Lit". I love the idea of incorporating some Get Fit Lit when introducing this book to students.

No comments:

Post a Comment