Monday, November 14, 2011

Book Talk: L M N O Peas

I love illustrated peas. I mean, what's not to love there? I also love alphabet books. Put them together and you have pure gold. Add in rock climbing peas and you've made my whole household happy. Well, except for my daughter who won't ingest them.

Some of my favorites:
Bikers in a Race (I love the one guzzling water from a water bottle)
Readers (obvious)
Scientists (looks like it belongs in a header of Google Labs)
Yogis (when I read it, at first, I read "...yogis in a posie..." I think that's what it SHOULD be)


In the back jacket flap, Keith Baker cites one of the reasons he likes peas being that they are easy to draw. Easy peasy? Some of the rest of the flap reminds me of a set of bath towels, washcloths, and a robe we have for our daughter: Drip pea and Soap pea.

I hope to see more peas in Keith Baker's future.

No comments:

Post a Comment