Sunday, December 18, 2016

Be the Change: A Grandfather Gandhi Story



“Be the change you wish to see in the world” is a quote that has always inspired me.  When I see a problem in a current situation, I try to think about how I might be able to make a change for the better.  This story of time spent by Arun Gandhi at his grandfather’s Ashram Sevagram details how passive violence leads to physical violence and how waste is an example of passive violence.  Evan Turk’s illustrations are unique, as always, and fitting to the story.  Throughout, I noticed stitching as part of the illustrations as mixed media and think of it as a common thread that connects the story.



Title: Be The Change: A Grandfather Gandhi Story
Author: Arun Gandhi and Bethany Hegedus
Illustrator: Evan Turk
Published 2016 by Atheneum Books for Young Readers
ISBN: 978-1-4814-4265-7


This copy was received from the publisher to review.

No comments:

Post a Comment